Underfloor Heating Timber Floor – Timber Heaters
- Pre-configured, high-grade, waterproof, Teflon-coated heating element mounted on a self-adhesive fiberglass 500mm wide mesh with a single 3m long cold tail
- Engineered timber, vinyl and laminate flooring are prone to expansion and contraction. In order to control for this, it is recommended that the underfloor heating be installed either in the cement slab or in a liquid leveler screed.
Under timber floor heating installation:
- Plan the heater layout before securing the heating to the subfloor in order to ensure it will fit properly
- Unroll the heater and secure it using adhesive tape, can also be glued down for further stability
- To start a new row, cut the mesh without cutting the heater element and swing the heater in the direction of your next run
- Repeat this process until the entire heater is laid
- For assistance contact Coldbuster
Included in the floor heating kit:
- Under Timber Heater
- Installation Monitor (element alarm) with battery
- Installation Manual
- Installation support is available by contacting Coldbuster
- 25 Year Warranty
- Easy-to-install DIY underfloor heating kits or Coldbuster installation services are available
Coldbuster wood floor heating system is the perfect solution for laminate and floating timber floor finishes. Specially designed with an output of 100W/m² these kits provide an economically luxurious warmth to your wood floor spaces. Coldbuster heaters installed under engineered/natural timber, vinyl or laminate must be placed on top of the concrete slab or timber subfloor.
In 99% of situations, a 10-15mm sand cement screed or liquid leveler needs to be laid over the heater so there is a medium between the heating element & the flooring.
It is extremely important to install the floor sensor in the heated area as the thermostat needs to be set to restrict the maximum floor temperature reach as specified by the manufacturer (normally 27 C). This cannot be done if the floor sensor is not installed in the heated floor area.